We act on behalf of developers in relation to the construction of both gas and battery peaking plants and the construction and installation of large commercial biomass and other waste to energy facilities across England and Wales. The current emphasis on developing alternative sources of energy has resulted in us undertaking a significant amount of work in this area for clients seeking to develop renewable energy through wind, solar or hydro related projects. We have also recently advised on electric vehicle charging point projects.
We act for a broad range of clients with interests in this sector including:
- Community investment schemes.
Recent examples of energy related projects that we have advised clients upon include:
- advising a developer on its national roll out of over 30 gas and battery storage peaking plants with a total capacity in excess of 120 MW.
- advising a private equity group on the property aspects of its sale of a portfolio of over 50 rooftop solar PV projects.
- advising a listed fund on the leasing arrangements of its 60MW offshore wind farm in North Wales.
- advising a developer in relation to the development of a 50MW gas plant in the Port of Hull.
- advising a number of landowner collaborations in respect of the delivery of onshore combined wind and solar energy projects with generating capacity of over 100MW.
- advising a City Community Energy Scheme in its successful commissioning of 10 separate solar sites in South Wales.
- advising a developer in connection with a 1.5MW CHP plant, 4MW biomass heat boilers and a 3MW gas peaking plant to serve a 15 acre plant nursery which supplies vegetables to national retailers.