Changes introduced by the Covid-19 pandemic have affected British and foreign nationals working and living in the UK.
The government published its ‘Statement of Changes HC617’ to the UK’s immigration rules on 10 September 2021. Some of the changes, which became effective from 6 October 2021, include the following:
- There are new Covid-19 concessions on Tier 1 (Entrepreneurs), Tier 2 (Sportsperson), the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) and Skilled Workers;
- The T2 and T5 Temporary Worker routes have been replaced by a new International Sportsperson route for professional sporting workers;
- Individuals who are joining their EUSS family member can apply to the EUSS as a Visitor whilst they are in the UK;
- The list of qualifying prizes under the Global Talent route has been extended;
- The Youth Mobility Scheme has been expanded to encompass Icelandic and Indian nationals.