The Ministry of Justice has published the Employment Tribunal quarterly statistics for the period January to March 2018.
Statistics show that:
- The number of single claim receipts, disposals and outstanding caseload all increased by 118%, 43% and 89% compared to figures of the same period in 2017
- Receipts of multiple cases decreased by 40%
- Outstanding caseload for multiple cases increased by 21%.
From the period January to March 2018, Employment Tribunals disposed of 10,343 claims, which is 9% less when compared to the same period in 2017. There has also been:
- 36% decrease in multiple claims disposals;
- 29% of claims disposed of were conciliated by Acas;
- 17% withdrawn;
- 16% dismissed on withdrawal;
- 14% struck out; and
- 10% were successful at hearing.