Salary: Dependent on experience
Benefits include: Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Wellness Programme, Company Pension, Sick Pay, On-Site Parking, Enhanced Holiday entitlement
Position: Full Time and Permanent
We are a leading Legal 500 Law firm seeking a motivated Paralegal to assist our Litigation department. This is a great opportunity to join a firm that is renowned for valuing employee progression and development. The firm works with a wide range of individual, corporate and public sector clients, and have offices based in Swansea and Carmarthen. This is an entry level role for an academically strong candidate, or someone who has gathered some legal experience and is looking at moving into a contentious role.
This role will primarily involve Regulatory & White-Collar Crime work. This team has a “market leading” (Legal 500 2023) national practice in care standards enforcement & regulation, acting for providers of adult health & social care services as well as early years education. You will be assisting the fee earners of the department in carrying out their respective duties and responsibilities. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Meeting with new clients (usually remotely) taking initial instructions and handling any queries they may have
- Taking client’s comments on evidence and preparing witness statements
- Research tasks and preparing briefing notes for fee earners
- Preparing and managing Court/Tribunal bundles in both paper and electronic format
- Managing cases on HMCTS digital common platforms in Crime & Family cases
- Dealing with Court and Tribunal staff in managing case progression & listing
- Instructing counsel – preparing briefs and attending court with counsel and in conference
- Liaising with counsel and keeping them updated
- Keeping clients updated and handling any queries during a case
- Working to tight deadlines
- Supporting fee earners in the department with their caseload on an ad hoc basis.
We are interested to hear from applicants who have excellent academics having studied Law at degree level and completed either the LPC or SQE 1 & 2 Assessments. We would also be interested to hear from applicants who have relevant work experience in a similar role or legal background.
Exemplary organisation and IT skills are essential along with a keen eye for detail. Applicants must be quick to learn with a readiness to assist the team in a calm and efficient manner with any paralegal and administrative tasks.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Karen Davies, by email to [email protected]
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
31st March 2023
No Agencies Please