Location: Swansea and Carmarthen
We have an exciting opportunity for a Family Law Solicitor to join our Family and Litigation Team. The team provides advice on a wide variety of high-net-worth private family matters including divorce and financial remedy issues, children and injunction matters, separation, cohabitee disputes and pre and post nuptial agreements.
You will be required to assist the department in carrying out respective duties and responsibilities. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Meeting with new clients, taking initial instructions and handling any queries they may have.
- Providing clients with expert legal advice and guidance.
- Drafting legal documents, including court forms, witness statements and agreements.
- Managing cases via the HMCTS online portal.
- Instructing Counsel – preparing briefs and attending Court with Counsel and in conference.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Conducting negotiations and representing clients in court when required.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, colleagues, and third -party professionals.
- Keeping up-to-date with developments in family law.
As a guide, due to the nature of the work involved, we are looking for a solicitor with at least 3 years PQE as well as experience in divorce and children matters. Consideration will however be given to candidates with less experience. You will be responsible for managing your own workload. Exemplary organisation and IT skills are essential along with a keen eye for detail.
You will be a personable and articulate communicator with excellent client care skills. Working closely with the Directors you will need to be a team player, driven, have an interest in business development and good commercial awareness. Assisting in developing and maintaining key client relationships will be key.
Salary: Competitive salary dependent upon experience
Benefits include: Generous Holiday entitlement, Hybrid Working, Private Health Care, Life Cover, Employee Assistance Programme, Pension, On-Site Parking, Social events, CPD development opportunities, Career progression
Position: Full Time and Permanent (Part Time will also be considered)
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Karen Davies, by email to [email protected] or for a confidential discussion about the role please contact Andrew Manners on 01792776872.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.