Safeguarding your interests is our priority at MLR. The first indication of a criminal investigation could be a dawn raid, or it can emerge as part of an internal investigation by your employer. Allegations of wrongdoing demand agile, strategic and timely advice. This may prevent arrests or at least, better manage the crisis discreetly such as arranging a voluntary attendance for interview. Early advice can often determine whether an investigation leads to a prosecution at all, but if it does, how well you can defend the allegations later on.
The Crime team at MLR is headed by Director and Solicitor-Advocate, Andrew Manners who has over 25 years’ experience of defending serious crime. We also work seamlessly with other specialist teams such as our commercial litigators, data protection and employment lawyers so that all aspects of a case are covered ensuring a robust and fearless defence.
“Andrew Manners is a highly skilled negotiator and has an unwavering determination to get the best outcome for his client.”[The Legal 500 UK 2020]
Our case work includes:
- Private Prosecutions
- Fraud, Bribery & Corruption and other financial crime
- Money Laundering and Asset restraint & forfeiture
- HMRC Criminal & Civil (Code 9) Serious Tax Fraud investigations
- Fatal workplace Health & Safety and Corporate Manslaughter cases
- Driving prosecutions
- Regulatory investigations e.g. Trading Standards, Food Standards and Animal Welfare