A number of our Solicitors have gained significant experience of dealing with clients operating in both the waste and energy sectors. We have developed a portfolio of clients operating locally and nationally in these sectors.
We appreciate that business operating in this sector are often required to deal with complex regulatory issues hence our focus on delivering astute, proactive and commercial advice at all times.
We have advised a number of different operators in this sector including landfill operators, recycling and waste management companies. Additionally, we have dealt with the sale and purchase of businesses in this sector.
Recent examples of work undertaken by us in this sector include:
- Acquisition of the business and assets of a waste management operator
- Contractual arrangements relating to the export of waste materials
- Lease of premises to develop waste management facilities
- Management buy-out of a waste management company
The current emphasis on developing alternative sources of energy has resulted in us undertaking a significant amount of work in this area for clients particularly from clients seeking to develop renewable energy through wind, solar or hydro related projects.
We act for a broad range of clients with interests in this sector including:
- Community led organisations
Recent examples of energy related projects that we have advised clients upon include:
- Formation of a joint venture renewable energy project
- Sale of shares in a renewable energy company
- Dealing with the options and agreements for lease in respect of numerous wind and hydro energy projects