Coronavirus (COVID-19): Key Employment Law Issues
This blog looks at the implications of the COVID-19 pandemic for employers. The advice is accurate as at 28 July 2020. Specific legal advice may well be required to address particular issues. Please note we are not qualified to provide medical advice.
Issues that could arise include the following (although there are likely to be numerous other issues on a case-by-case basis):
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Company Sick Pay
- Absence from work: no symptoms and diagnosis
- Absence from work: with symptoms and diagnosis
- Mandatory isolation
- Employer's duty of care
- Policies and procedures
- Homeworking and site closures
- High risk employees and discrimination
- Travel (for work and for leisure)
- Lay-off, annual leave and redundancies
- Data protection issues
All of these are covered in this blog together with links to further useful guidance. Please use the contents page to navigate through to the relevant part of the blog.
For further advice please contact Hannah Belton, Director, on 01267 493130 or email@example.com.